Sisters

Sisters

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Albert's Weekly Update 7/9/12


Another week has flown by. It has been a busy one, but productive. I am learning to balance the different subjects, and my reading speed is increasing. An encouragement and an answer to prayer.

This past two weeks we have been doing an intensive in Catechetics, the branch of Theology that deals with catechization, and the Catechisms. This has meant limited time during the day to study, as we have been lectures in both the morning and the afternoon. Thankfully, our Professors have cancelled a few of our lectures this week, to allow us to concentrate on this intensive.

This week I have been reading a number of books on Christian teaching, and I am currently reading Andrew Kuyvenhoven's Comfort and Joy, a study of the Heidelberg Catechism. At the end of next week I have due a paper which is a Book Review on 3 of the books were part of the required reading for our Catechetics course.

Hebrew marches on, and I am working at learning my vocab. We are starting second year Greek on Monday, and have been promised a vocabulary test on what we learnt in our Greek Intensive, so I have been continuing to work on revising my Greek vocab.

I have 3 new courses starting next week: New Testament History, Homiletics, and New Testament Greek.

In Church History we have been look at the early Church, in particular considering the make up of the early church, and what models from society during that time can give us an idea as to how the Church was structured. Fascinating Stuff! As part of this I have been reading some of the writings of Clement and Ignatius.

For Apologetics I have been continuing to read "Always Ready" by Greg Bahnsen.

So I have been busy! I am enjoying my courses, but I can see that it is going to be a real juggling act. Sounds like good training for the Ministry! I have appreciated the advice of some of the Senior students, with regard to study methods and habits. Lots to learn!

On Wednesday night Hanneke and I went out to celebrate 14 years of marriage. God is indeed good!

Have a blessed week.

Albert

No comments: