Sisters

Sisters

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Albert's Update 5/1/13 - Still Alive

(Albert has done some work on my laptop and has managed to solve my 'photo uploading' problem and so hopefully my posts will resume soon! Hanneke)

Albert on his borrowed bike and rollers
It's been a great break! We have had a wonderful time of refreshment, and have been very blessed over the Christmas Break. We have been blessed by unexpected gifts, and time with friends, old and new. I'm sure that Hanneke will fill you in on all the details.

After exams it was good to have some time to relax, and spend time with Hanneke and the Girls. Hanneke's cousin Izaak was with us for two weeks, and it was great to have him around. It was nice to have another man in the house! Of course I am not complaining about the normal male/female ratio!

Exams were done at 2:30 on Friday afternoon. It was a relief to have those over! To be honest I found the week quite tough. It was a totally new experience for me. I learnt a lot about myself that week. I learnt that you can survive without a lot of sleep for a couple of days. I learnt that I need to trust in God more for His help in learning the things that I needed to learn. With so many exams in a few days I needed to be organized and disciplined. Thankfully the Lord was gracious in both.

For each exam I put together a study guide. Often a Professor would give us a list of questions to study from, which was very helpful. Of course the study guides covered the entire course, so by the time you had made the study guide you had covered the course.

As students we also often shared our study guides. It was a great way to help each other out. One of the things that I have been impressed with is the camaraderie of Seminary. People say it is a special time of life being with other students, and they are absolutely right. We are making life long friendships, and it is wonderful to be able to "encourage one another to love and good deeds".

A big thank you to Hanneke for her support, I could not do exam week without her. She encouraged me to get stuck in and encouraged/ gently rebuked me when it was needed. And to the girls who didn't see much of their Father for the week.

I have had all my papers and exam results back, and I am thankful to say that I have passed all my subjects, and even more thankful to say that I have passed them very well. The Lord is indeed gracious. This has given me even more reassurance that we are in the right place, and that we are definitely meant to be here. (Not that I doubt that we are meant to be here, but the encouragement is nice).

Looking forward to the next Semester I now know what is expected/ required. The key as I see it is being organized. Making sure that I keep on top of my readings, and starting projects early.

This next Semester is heavily bent towards preaching, so that we are ready for our internships, so I am really looking forward to getting into that. I will give more info with regard to the courses as I get it. The Semester doesn't start properly until the end of this month (the 28th). Last Thursday I began a Hebrew Intensive. Advanced Hebrew - I like the sound of that. Six months ago I didn't have a clue about Hebrew, and now I am doing Advanced Hebrew. As an Intensive there is a lot of work, but I now know what to expect.

As I close this weeks report, may I take the opportunity to wish you and yours a Happy New Year, and the Lord's Blessing for 2013. May it be a year in which you draw closer to Him.

Albert

No comments: