Sisters

Sisters

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Albert's Update 15 February 2013


A New Semester

Well, we are three weeks into the Second Semester. According to all the Seasoned Seminarians, this is the toughest one. For those of you who are familiar with the American system I am taking 18 credits. (For those of you who are not - that's a lot!).

This Semester has a heavy pastoral emphasis, to prepare us for our upcoming summer internships. This semesters courses are:

OT 133 Hebrew Reading, Text Criticism and Canon
Greek 202 Greek
PP 131 Catechism Sermon
PP 121 Applied Sermon - Preaching Class.
PS 133 Pastoral Care and Counseling
DS 133 Doctrine of God
BD 133 Biblical Hermeneutics - Interpretation.
We also have a liturgics course as well as a Biblical Counseling Intensive in the middle of the Semester.

I also have the privilege of taking my first Chapel. That happens on March 26th.

I'm looking forward to it! It also means that I'm not going to be able to provide length blog posts. My aim is to break them up into small chunks, and try and do that regularly.

Advanced Hebrew went well, and I was blessed with a good mark. In OT133 we are now starting to read the text aloud in class, and translate on the fly. We are cutting our teeth on Ruth. It's a lot of fun to be in the Word, and seeing the Hebrew come to life.

In the next few posts I hope to outline a bit more about each of the courses, and also about our Summer plans, as they take shape.

Otherwise I am doing well, as is the rest of the family. Hanneke will enlighten you all about how we are doing, and what we are doing as a family.

Have a blessed week,

Albert

No comments: