Sisters

Sisters

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Thankful Post AKA Christmas Letter 2014



Niagara Glen - One of my favourite memories of the summer. An un-posed photo capturing the real,soaking wet, us. We are standing on Canadian ground with the USA in the background, how cool is that?

Dear Friends and Family!

First of all, a couple of things, I'm not a huge fan of Christmas letters, on what you have achieved this year etc BUT I do like being part of peoples lives. So I'm faced with a dilemma, to write or not to write or to write something in between. Well here is my attempted version!

Since most of you read my blog posts, I'm not going to rehash everything that we've done this year. I'm just going to give you a few of the ways God has blessed us and has been faithful to us this year. So it's going to be a kind of Thankful edition instead of a bragging letter. 

I'm very thankful for the following things, in no particular order:

  • Our support network. This encompasses so many people, family, friends, strangers (to us), churches, financial donors, students, seminary etc. I don't like to name people for fear of missing someone out! Needless to say we can't be here or pursue Albert's call to the ministry without our support group. It's is VERY humbling to receive while being unable to give in return, at least financially. Hence the above verse is printed on our thank you cards!
  • Internships - WOW this just about makes me speechless. What an AWESOME experience! It is such a privilege to be able to part of people's lives. It is so encouraging to see on how God works through out all our lives especially when we are faced with trials. 
  • True Woman Conference run by Revive Our Hearts. What an fantastic experience to learn more about God and worship with 8000+ other women! The company was also fantastic.
  • Thankful for our Sonlight curriculum. It really saves my sanity for someone who has not got the teaching gift! Grateful for the option but thankful that the Bible leaves us room as to how we teach our children. 
  • Travel. I do love to travel and so I am grateful that we have had the opportunity to be able to see and do lots. 
  • Ladies Bible Study. We are studying Nancy Guthrie's series on Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament. It is very encouraging.
  • Watching the girls grow in wisdom and character is a joy.
  • Albert's parents to come and visit and experience some of our world! We miss family!
Since Albert has started another year, lasts haven been happening. Our last seminary retreat, last USA Thanksgiving, last USA birthdays, etc. This makes me sad as our seminary journey is coming to an end. I'm looking forward to being reunited with our families and introduced to some of our new family members! 2015 will be bittersweet with plenty of tears no doubt! 

So in ending, a simple Thank you to all of you. We are soooo undeserving to be chosen by God to be part of HIS family! I hope you are part of HIS family also! Remember there is hope for ALL of us through God's Grace! You are ALL in our prayers!

Much love
Hanneke, Albert, Michaela, Grace, Kate and Zara


No comments: