Sisters

Sisters

Friday, March 20, 2015

Heart to Heart

What can I say? There are some mixed emotions at our house in these last months in the USA! It will be soooo nice to be in the same time zone as family! To catch up and get to know some of the new arrivals to our family while we where in the USA. Since I've had a quite a few people asking how I feel about returning, what I will miss etc, I thought that I would put it out here on the blog so that I can tell you all! (note lists are in no particular order)

Will Miss
  • The cheap cheap living. I wonder whether I could put Aldi, Costco, CVS and Target in my pocket and take them with me? 
  • Couponing - free things, the shops paying me to take stuff home, YES please!
  • Munster High School Swimming Pool - WOW I have never seen anything like it. I suppose that would be hard to put in my suitcase, all those gallons and gallons of water! (Munster High School Pool is a state of the art 50m indoor pool!)
  • Change of seasons - I really enjoy the change, makes you appreciate each season so much more!
  • SNOW - if you have been reading my blog for a while now or following me on FB, no explanations are needed!
  • City Living - I actually enjoy the busyness
  • Friends made, makes me VERY sad just to think about that!
Won't Miss
  • Traffic lights - I wonder how much time I have spent waiting for traffic lights?
  • Time difference with NZ - It's a nuisance!
  • The concrete jungle
  • The very hot temperatures, not a huge heat lover
  • Banking system
  • Lack of Credit rating
  • VERY expensive health costs
Looking forward to
  • Seeing family!
  • SCHOOL Again no words necessary!
  • Mountains - I LOVE mountains, always have even before we moved to NZ. We made lots of visits to Germany in my younger years!
  • Being reunited with all my stuff in our container.
  • Being a dog owner in the future.
  • The future.
Grateful for:
  • Being given the opportunity to experience another culture.
  • Travel - I LOVE travelling, I know we did most of things very cheap or free but what an experience!
  • Being humbled by people's generosity all across the globe and many different forms! (Not just money but also time resources etc)
  • Experiencing God's faithfulness, no words necessary! 
  • Seeing God work through the people we have met, I feel very privileged!
  • Seminary - I actually really enjoyed our time there but realize it is a season of life and so it's nice to 'move' on in a positive way. 
  • Sonlight - Our homeschool curriculum, not sure what I would have done without it! I did learn a lot. 
  • My GPS! One thing that I can take with me :)
So in light of my post today, what are you grateful for?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My list would look very similar to yours, except that I actually enjoy homeschooling. :-)

My big question is: what will be the non-negotiable items you'll be stuffing in your suitcases to take home?